Easter Egg Hunt layout with tons of die cuts made on a Silhouette Cameo. This started to take on the “If you give a mouse cookie…” idea so the write up is based on that style of storytelling.
Today I have the scrapbook page I promised in my last post. Again this was for an (I)NSD challenge layout over at Scrapbook.com hence thought it was the perfect opportunity to get more comfortable incorporating it into layouts. However, this layout is a perfect example of the Jekyll and Hyde parts of my style. One side very traditional everything straight and layered while the other side is wanting to break out; be messy, splatter everything everywhere! I guess that is the trick is combining the best of both. Still in process.
A little about the project:
We once again have an appearance of our Aussie Dog who needs to know what we are doing at all times. Never more so when she smells the strong odors of vinegar and boiled eggs. (I have to take a moment here to think about her super sniffer. Considering I struggle a bit with the vinegar smell I can only imagine how powerful it must be for her, yet she stays. )
We now have a tradition of her popping her head up to the table, looking around while giving some serious sniffs and then staring at my middle child until he explains. He must give an excellent explanation as she only goes to him each year. After which she lays on the floor by his feet under the table, patiently waiting until we leave so she can further her investigation.
To highlight, our dog and my son’s egg-dying tradition, I used my Silhouette Cameo for the dog border. I bought it in the design store and it comes with 3 other dog themed borders. The bone in his mouth was not showing up as well so I added Nuvo Crystal drops, white gloss, to the bone. Just to reiterate, it is a bone, not a rabid dog. I used stickles in “walnut glaze” to do the eyes.
All the lime green gel medium was done with my favorite stencil by TCW. They are becoming a favorite as their stencils are a heavier weight material, it makes getting around the fine details a little easier. I tried something new, by using the gel along the side similar to inking. It helped give a little dimension to the layer but not sure I would do that again, as the edge allows for saturation of the medium thus a little warping. Then used the “splats” on the stencil to tie into the title.
As I said I still struggle to give in “fully” into my mixed media side but I am working on it! I know I gushed over the gel in my product post, but I do like its finish on a page. I am trying to work up the courage to do a canvas board. I thought it would be fun to do it with Gel, stamps and some old Tim Holtz clear pieces. Still working it out in my mind, so we will see…..
Anyway, thanks for joining me on this little creative stretch.
Until next time…..