This section holds my Monthly club card, an occasion, and technique driven cards.
To everyone here in the United States I hope you have great weather to pay tribute and enjoy your Memorial Day. To my friends in the UK while we remeber our fallen, I can’t help but think of you and your families dealing with the aftermath of Manchester. I have no words that can begin to do justice to your feelings other than to say I stand with you in your grief and outrage! We are all affected by it!
Memeorial Day brings back memories of BBQ, picnics and flags, so today I am sharing a 3D BBQ Box Card designed by Lori Whitlock created on my Silhouette Cameo. Traditionally Memorial Day kicks off the Summer Season, I still have fun memories of the beach, parks and being at home with family but alwasy a BBQ was involved.
To create this card, It took me about 45 minutes to cut and put together. Lori took the guess work out of the layers by adding the shadow cut and numbers to each tab. One of the things I love about these kinds of cards is how it helps use up scraps. Using your scraps also cuts down in cutting time. I was able to put all the colors other than greay and black on one mat using scraps. I smiled the whole time it cut.
After making a couple of these cards I do recommend a heavy cardstock for the base pieces to keep the shape and the extra layers. The grey paper on here is 80 lbs card stock, the color scraps vary from 65 to 80 lb. I used a textured dot for the oven mit. What is great is you can make it any color or even add some foil to really dress it up.
TIP: The BBQ “knobs” cut as one group. To keep the spacing correct I used washi tape to pick it up from the mat then transfer it to the project. I liked the width of the washi it fit perfectly for the small knobs.
This card also folds down to fit into an evnvelope, I would suggest a 6×6 as this measure approx. 5.75 x 5.75.
The Supply list for this one:
- BBQ Grill Box Card – Lori Whitlock can be found on her site or the Silhouette Studio
- Grey / Silver /Foil Card Stock – card base, front panels and inside tab layers
- Black Card Stock – knobs, front panel strip, grates, strip across “lid”
- Red Card Stock – ketchup bottle, utensil handles, tomato on burger, oven mitt
- Yellow Card Stock – flame, cheese (burger), mustard bottle and lid
- Green Card stock – lettuce (burger)
- Brown tone on tone Card Stock – meat of the burger
- Light brown Card Stock – the hanburger bun
- Orange Card Stock – Flame
- White Card Stock – Ketchup bottle cap/ label and Mustard label
I always love hearing from everyone so if you like these cards or have question please leave a comment.
I wish for all of you a happy and safe Monday.
Until next time…..