Angles and shapes have been creating some interesting layouts for me lately. In particular, splat shapes seem to be most on my mind. When it comes to egg-dying it seems”splats” are the unavoidable reoccuring shapes. Splats on the counter! Splats on the table! Splats on the floor and splats on me! Naturally, these coloful by-products of egg dying fun need to be included on these layouts.
My oldest is now a teenager whose body conscious thoughts have taken him over. He has become a master at avoiding the camera. While we all get excited for these special days, his natural enthusiasm infuses these days adding a whole other layer of fun. I was lucky to get this one picture, so the angles and splats would have to help me in conveying the whimsical side, my son so effortlessly brings to these holiday activities.
For paper collections, I fell in love with Echo Park’s Easter/ Spring collections! Luckily for me a wonderful site called AllScrapbookSteals.com had them on sale. The sale made it possible to pick up the full lines with extra embellishments. For me, having access to the full collection when working through holidays or special event pictures makes it so much easier. A lot of layouts need to be created with a lot of pictures. Knowing all the papers and embellishments will work together, allows me to focus on the story and design.
For this whismical layout I used the following supplies:
- Echo Park Easter Collection – 12 x 12 double sided “Egg Hunt”
- Echo Park Spring collection – 12×12 double sided “Jounaling and Stripes”
- Echo Park Spring Collection – 12 x12 double sided Blue/Green
- Echo Park Spring Collection – 12×12 double sided Yellow/Red
- Echo Park Dots and Stripes – 8×8 pad
- Silhouette Design Studio – “Splashes” “Easter Eggs” “6 Easter Words”
- Stephanie Bernard Inks by Colorbox – Banana, Strawberry and Tangerine
Until next time…..